Green Bean Salad With Walnut Dill Dressing
- Wash and trim one pound of green beans. Dress with:
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup shopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup olive or walnut oil
- 2 T plain yogurt (low fat, optional)
- 2 T sour cream (low fat, optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil, add green beans and cook for 3 minutes until tender but still crisp (don’t overcook!).
- Submerge beans immediately in ice cold water to stop cooking, then drain.
- Combine dressing ingredients in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Serve beans on lettuce leaves and spoon dressing over beans. Sprinkle with nuts before serving.
© 2022 Root Connection