Jump to recipe
Tomato and Grilled Zucchini Salad
Category Dressings and Sauces Summer Squash Tomatoes
- 2 lb. medium-large zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 T plus 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 lbs. large tomatoes, sliced
- Prepared barbecue (medium high heat). Put rack 6 inches above heat.
- Brush zucchini with 2 T oil. Grill under tender, turning occasionally. Transfer to plate and let cool.
- Puree basil, garlic, vinegar, and mustard in food processor. With machine running, add 1 cup oil and process until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes on plate.
- Cut zucchini into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Mix zucchini and 3/4 cup dressing.
- Spoon onto platter. Drizzle remaining dressing over tomatoes.
© 2023 Root Connection